LA QUINTA, Calif. – February 17, 2020 – La Quinta Art Celebration officially opens its gates for its inaugural event on Thursday, March 5th at 10 am and runs through Sunday, March 8th at 5pm. Set on the visually stunning site of La Quinta Civic Center, the four day affair showcases fine arts, live music performances and local cuisine.
Over 220 world-class, jury-selected artists hailing from 35 different states and abroad will exhibit their original artworks spanning 12 media categories: 2D Mixed Media, 3D Mixed Media, Ceramics, Digital Art, Drawing & Pastel, Fiber, Glass, Jewelry, Painting, Photography, Sculpture and Wood.
Patrons will be enjoy an impressive array of upscale cuisine options guaranteed to please every palette at Celebration Bistro, where they can experience relaxing al fresco dining under the spacious covered patio or umbrellas. Participating restaurants are:
- Best Beverage Catering will present a fresh seafood menu including Fish & Chips, Salmon Salad and Clam Chowder Bread Bowls.
- Bristol Farms Café offerings include Santa Maria Tri-Tip and Chicken Avocado Sandwiches.
- Evzin Mediterranean Cuisine will serve authentic Mediterranean standards such as Herb Falafel, Beef Shawarma, and Saffron Citrus Chicken Plates and Bowls.
- Jackalope Ranch will offer an array of their signature burgers, tacos, and French baguette sandwiches, plus gourmet hot dogs and brats.
- Your Pie will serve up a variety of 10” PIZZAS hot from their mobile brick ovens.
The “WINE EXPERIENCE” at Celebration Bistro will encompass an extensive selection of preferred wines from prominent Napa, Sonoma, Santa Barbara, Washington, and France wineries — guaranteed to complement every entrée.
Patrons will toast the new event with Moët & Chandon and Domaine Chandon at dual champagne bars — and top-shelf spirits will be poured at Ketel One Botanical Bar, featuring a collection of specialty cocktails, and Margarita Island Bar, presenting Don Julio 1942 & Blanco Tequila shots and margaritas.
The Oasis Lounge is the place to go for more champagne and beverages — including a Ketel One Bloody Mary — plus tempting sweets by locally founded Brandini Toffee, whose toffee products are enjoyed by chocolate lovers and toffee aficionados around the world. Their ultra-decadent chocolate hand-dipped ice cream creations are works of art in themselves.
A full entertainment line-up of live music performances is scheduled daily:
- Acoustical Guitarist Scott Carter, daily 10 am to 1 pm at the Amphitheater
- Latin Euro Guitarist Michael Anthony Gagliardi, daily 10 am to 5 pm at the SE quadrant
- Meltdown CLM , Classic Soft Rock/Smooth Blues, Friday, March 6, 2-5 pm at the Amphitheater
- The Art Of Sax, Southern California’s Premiere Groove Band, Saturday, March 7, 2-5 pm at the Amphitheater
- Faults Of Andreas, featuring Jimi FITZ, Sunday, March 8, 2-5 pm at the Amphitheater
Admission is $20 for a single day or $25 for a Multi-Day Pass. Children under 12 are free.
To avoid long lines at the gate, tickets may be purchased online.
La Quinta Civic Center is located at 78495 Calle Tampico, La Quinta, CA 92253. Event hours are 10 am to 5 pm daily. Parking options include free parking throughout the Village of La Quinta, self-paid for $10 and valet at two locations for $15.
La Quinta Art Celebration is presented by SCOPE Events, LLC, with the full cooperation of the City of La Quinta.
Proceeds from the event will benefit Tools For Tomorrow (TFT), a local non-profit providing free, after-school arts literacy programs integrating creative writing, art, music, and drama for children grades three through five in elementary schools throughout the Coachella Valley.